Special interest giveaways – the swamp – won millions of dollars while America suffered through the worst economic crisis in history.
People are suffering.
But the Democrat socialists held up the financial crisis legislation while playing their political games…
It’s sad… disgusting…what happens in D.C.
- About 1/3 of the economy is destroyed… and more damage occurs daily.
- The economic crisis has caused millions to fear, worry, and stress … resulting in increases in suicide, drug, and alcohol abuse.
- Many businesses – especially small businesses – are going out of business forever.
- Unemployment is shooting up 30 – 40%.
- Many who saved for retirement saw their money crash – 30% of it gone.
That’s not even considering lost opportunities to discover new innovations, higher income and better jobs.
And it’s not even considering the loss of individual rights and freedoms.
Look at what was added to the financial stimulus bill that was totally unrelated to our economic problems:
- $25 million to fix up the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C.
- $75 million for the pro-socialist Corporation for Public Broadcasting … including the biased National Public Radio.
- $7.5 million for the Smithsonian Institution.
- $200 million for the Institute of Museums and Library Services and the National Endowment of the Arts.
- $88 million for the Peace Corps.
- $250 million more for the IRS.
- $10 billion for the postal service bailout. (Nancy Pelosi wants $40 billion more in the next phase of the stimulus package.)
- $350 million to the State Department for migration and refugee assistance.
- $400 million to the Election Assistance Commission – to make it easier to ballot harvest.
- $30.8 million more for the Department of Education.
People can’t pay their bills. Businesses can’t pay their bills or their employees.
And Congress prints billions of dollars to spend on frivolous pork barrel projects.
Incidentally, our national debt increased from $10 trillion in 2008 to $19.6 trillion in 2016 … to over $23 billion in 2020.
In the next issue of the Huey Report we will look at what’s yet to come…
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]