The media and politicians are creating a nation of two realities. And it’s based on ideology, not truth.
The media falsely accused — and few apologized for rushing to judgment about — pro-life high school students for wearing “Make America Great Again” hats.
Because they were at the pro-life march in Washington DC…
Because they wore MAGA hats…
The media used one short video clip that completely distorted what happened.
From this have come two different worldviews:
1. The kids were racist.
2. The kids were saints.
The reality is the kids were falsely accused, but they were just high school kids.
Here are 7 things you should know:
1. The kids were falsely accused by a media that never checked the facts.
It was falsehood. Shame. But no confirmation. Just rage. The kids were first verbally assaulted by a racist cult, members of Black Hebrew Israelites. Then a Native American came up and started beating a drum in the face of one of the pro-life kids.
2. The narrative now says wearing a “Make American Great Again” hat is racist.
Politicians and the media are now saying President Trump is a racist, so anyone wearing the MAGA hat is a racist. Some are saying the hats have to be outlawed and be illegal to wear in public.
3. The kids were verbally attacked, threatened… and for the rest of their lives, this could impact them.
Unfortunately, they were turned into monsters … and many believe it.
4. This attack is really an attack on anyone with traditional Christian or Jewish values.
The media and politicians saw this as a double win — an attack on pro-life and Trump supporters.
5. The media was blind to the truth. Why?
Two liberals said it themselves: On The View yesterday, Whoopi Goldberg said that so many people make snap judgments before the facts are in. She asked, “Why do we keep making the same mistake?” Co-host Joy Behar answered: “Because we’re desperate to get Trump out of office. That’s why.”
6. Our culture is declining.
Postmodern relativism combined with a collectivist/socialist worldview has created a new “truth”– their own. Their “truth” interprets the world as they want to see it, not as it is.
7. The media holds a monopoly on communication.
Google, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube censor Conservatives, Libertarians and Christians.
It’s their job — their zeal — to spin the news to their viewpoint.
• 97% of newspapers endorsed Hillary Clinton.
• Google Amazon, Apple and Facebook employees gave over 90% of their donations to Democrats.
• 95% of all news coverage is anti-Trump — not balanced.
The lesson is our social divide is becoming deeper. Here is a shocking contrast of two completely different interpretations of what happened.
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]