No one likes to be called out and publicly criticized for making mistakes – especially the news media.
If news outlets were actually concerned about reporting the truth rather than pushing a biased narrative, the errors would be ignored.
But when over 90% of the media’s reporting about President Trump is critical and negative, what do they expect him to do?
Do they honestly think he’s going to keep quiet and say nothing?
Recently President Trump released his promised “Fake News Awards” online … and the website quickly crashed due to high traffic volume.
Mr. Trump highlighted 11 fake news stories ranging from Twitter posts by reporters to misleading video edits to erroneous news stories from TV and print media.
The Washington Post responded with the laughable argument that since the news stories were later corrected, they weren’t fake news…
Here are the 11 “winners” of the Fake News Awards:
- Paul Krugman of the New York Times claimed markets would never recover from a Trump presidency.
- Brian Ross of ABC News bungled a report on former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
- CNN reported that the Trump campaign had early access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
- TIME reported that Mr. Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King Jr. from the Oval Office.
- Dave Weigel of the Washington Post tweeted that Mr. Trump’s December rally in Pensacola, Florida wasn’t packed with supporters.
- CNN produced a video suggesting that Mr. Trump overfed fish during a visit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
- CNN erroneously reported Anthony Scaramucci-Russia ties.
- Newsweek reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda didn’t shake President Trump’s hand.
- CNN reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute Mr. Trump’s claim he was told he was not under investigation.
- The New York Times reported that the Trump administration had hidden a climate-change report.
- In President Trump’s words, “RUSSIA COLLUSION! Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!”
While these stories received major attention and coverage, the media gave much less recognition to real progress:
- The growing economy
- The passage of massive tax cuts and job-creating deregulation
- The success in the war on terror – with ISIS nearly decimated
- The significant decrease in illegal immigration
- Impressive foreign policy achievements
Only 3 months since the election saw positive news coverage of Trump rise above 10%…
During those 3 months the negative coverage never dipped below 85%
Imagine if every news media outlet was careful to balance their reporting with 50% positive coverage and 50% negative coverage?
What do you think? Write me at [email protected]