A young black conservative political commentator created tense drama during a congressional hearing.
It was riveting.
So much so that her next internet video generated 1.3 million views.
Candace Owens took on the most powerful Democrats in Congress … and shut them down.
It was historic.
It was a hearing designed to equate conservatives and Christians with racism, bigotry and white supremacy … and to blame them for the perceived rise in hate crimes.
The Democrat congressmen attempted to trap her with falsehoods and lies about her beliefs.
She didn’t back down. In fact, she turned the tables on them and exposed the Democrat Party as the party of racism and bigotry.
Ms. Owens was testifying at a hearing of the U.S. House Committee on the Judiciary … regarding hate crimes and white nationalism in America.
Here are 7 surprising and powerful things you should know about her testimony:
- Candace shocked the room when she said black people don’t have to be Democrats.
“…my main thesis is that black people do not have to be Democrats, and we are not owned by the left,” stated Owens.
- She surprised the committee and the audience when she said, “There is no skin color in patriotism.”
“Conservatives are patriots. The president is a patriot; and I’m a patriot, and there is no skin color in patriotism,” she said.
- Congressman Ken Buck (R-CO) asked Ms. Owens if she ever encountered hate speech, bigotry or racism during her encounters and interactions with conservatives.
Her answer: “I speak in front of conservatives probably three times a week. I jump on a stage and I say everything pro-black, and they are so supportive, and they applaud. All they want is for black Americans to realize that they are Americans first and foremost.”
On the other hand, she encounters hate speech and threats constantly from the so-called “Antifa” … and by progressives who disagree with her conservative opinions.
- She put all the Democrats on the committee on the defensive when she said blacks are being lied to by the Democrat Party.
“I am willing to fall on a sword a thousand times for [black Americans] to wake up and realize that we are being lied to, abused, and used by the Democrat Party,” she said in probably her most impassioned statement of her entire testimony.
She explained that the Democrat Party wants to keep blacks dependent on government rather than allowing them to become self-sufficient, think for themselves, and reach their full potential in whatever endeavor they choose to pursue.
When questioned about why she supported President Trump, Owens testified that he has done more for black America than the Democrat Party has ever done.
She cited as examples:
- The black unemployment rate is the lowest it’s ever been.
- Approximately 3.5 million blacks have been able to come off of food stamps
- President Trump talks about real issues facing the black community. “He doesn’t pander to us… He asks us important questions,” she said.
After her testimony, one well-known conservative social media personality tweeted:
“No one has ever done what Candace Owens did today.
There is no one like her.
- Jerrold Nadler, Chairman of the House Committee on the Judiciary, accused Owens of openly associating with “purveyors of hate.”
When Rep. Ken Buck asked her about this, Ms. Owens said, “Purveyors of hate, by his definition, is anybody that supports the president. I support the president because he’s done a tremendous job in helping the black community, despite all of the rhetoric from the media and leftists that do not want him to be successful.”
- Congressman Ted Lieu (D-CA) tried entrap Ms. Owens by accusing her of being a Nazi-sympathizer and a supporter of Hitler’s anti-Semitism.
He played an audio recording of the first 30 seconds of her answer to a question at a speaking event… without revealing the question she was answering … or the context!
Congressman Lieu didn’t even allow Ms. Owens to respond to the audio recording during his own allotted time for asking questions … but another congressman asked for a response later in the hearing.
Ms. Owens responded by saying that Congressman Lieu must think blacks are too stupid to go back and listen to the full clip, including the question and the context in which it was asked … along with her complete answer.
Chairman Nadler pounded his gavel on the table and scolded Candace Owens for speaking “disparagingly” of a member of the committee. He chided, “The witness may not refer to a member of the committee as ‘stupid.’”
Ms. Owens shot back, “I didn’t refer to him as ‘stupid.’ That’s not what I said. That’s not what I said at all. You didn’t listen to what I said.”
She made him look like a fool.
Rather than apologizing, chairman Nadler just shrugged in response.
Owens went on to say – in reference to Rep. Lieu playing an out-of-context audio clip, “That was unbelievably dishonest, and he did not allow me to respond to it, which is worrisome, and should tell you a lot about where people are today in terms of trying to drum up narratives… I’m deeply offended by the insinuation of revealing that clip without the question that was asked of me.”
- The progressive media refused to broadcast excerpts of Owens’ testimony … or even report on it.
Candace Owens doesn’t fit the narrative the media and the politicians want you to buy into – the narrative that blacks are victims … and are being held back by white supremacists and white nationalists.
That’s why the mainstream media ignored her day in front of the judiciary committee.
But you don’t have to…
Watch Candace Owens’ surprising opening statement at the hearing (6 minutes).
Watch these highlights of Candace Owens’ answers to committee members’ questions. (16 ½ minutes).
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this week’s articles:
- The Politicization of Business: 4 Shocking Things You Should Know about Blue Shield’s Insults of Conservatives, and Sensible People
- The War on Christianity Escalates: Easter Church Slaughter – 8 Things Every American Should Know
- Gas Prices! Which State Has the Highest Cost Thanks to Regulations and Taxes?