Throughout Western history, bureaucracy has tried to protect itself from accountability, transparency, and responsibility.
That’s why the framers of the U.S. Constitution set up a representative republic: a limited government with primary responsibilities to protect private property and provide justice.
When a government expands its jurisdiction, that’s when problems arise.
As Ronald Reagan famously said, “The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’”
He also said, “No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we’ll ever see on this earth!”
Little attention is paid to the fact that government bureaucracy … and socialism … allow for tremendous abuse of power.
Throughout the years, corruption has been punished when discovered.
As much as bureaucrats try to hide their misdeeds, often they come to light and disciplinary action takes place.
But today, at the highest levels of government, the Deep State bureaucrats act with immunity.
Let’s look at 4 examples:
Example 1: The FBI.
- Former FBI Director James Comey broke federal law when he leaked confidential memos of his conversations with President Trump to the press. Yet he hasn’t been prosecuted for that crime. He still operates with immunity.
- Peter Strzok – former Chief of the Counterespionage Section of the FBI – who led the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal email server while she was Secretary of State … and who launched the counterintelligence spying operation of the 2016 Trump presidential campaign … believes there is nothing wrong with spying on a presidential campaign. Neither he nor Lisa Page – his secret lover and former FBI lawyer – have faced any legal consequences for their collusion with former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and others to influence the 2016 presidential election.
Example 2: The IRS.
- John Koskinen – former Commissioner of the IRS during the Obama administration – lied to Congress when he said he had produced all of the emails related to the scandal involving mistreatment of conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. Instead of complying with the congressional subpoena, he allowed subpoenaed documents to be destroyed. Yet he was never prosecuted.
- Lois Lerner – former director of the Exempt Organizations Unit of the IRS – delayed the processing of 296 applications for tax exempt status from conservative groups from 2010 through the 2012 election cycle – 75 of which had “tea party” or “patriot” in their names. She was never prosecuted or charged with a crime. She pled the 5th Amendment during congressional testimony, refusing to answer questions. Email evidence of her wrongdoing was supposedly destroyed by a hard drive crash of Lerner’s computer.
Example 3: The State Department
- While she was Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton violated at least 6 statutes in Section 18 of the U.S. Code for mishandling and destroying classified information. Yet she was exonerated by then-FBI Director James Comey – who usurped the authority of Attorney General Loretta Lynch in doing so. Ms. Clinton still has not been held accountable for her unlawful actions.
- Jonathan Winer and other top officials in the Obama State Department were involved with former British spy Christopher Steele – author of the so-called “Steele Dossier” – and Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS – the opposition research company hired by Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to dig up negative information about Donald Trump in an effort to influence the 2016 election. The State Department even authored its own dossier on Trump. These officials – along with Glenn Simpson and Christopher Steele – have operated with impunity … and still are doing so.
Example 4: The CIA
John Brennan – former Director of the CIA during President Obama’s second term – has accused President Trump of treason, among other charges of wrongdoing.
He has encouraged federal executive branch employees to disobey the policies and orders of President Trump.
President Trump ordered Brennan’s security clearance revoked 10 months ago … yet Brenan still has it. This is another example of Deep State bureaucrats acting against the will of the President of the United States … and doing so with impunity.
The greatest threat to a representative form of government — in which government is by the consent of the people — is the abuse of power of unelected bureaucrats.
These are just 4 examples. Others abound throughout the government.
Today, bureaucrats are emboldened to act with impunity. They operate as if they have their own kingdom … and you and I are their subjects.
Nobody can challenge their regulatory authority. Nobody can hold them accountable. Nobody can hold them responsible.
That’s why moving government from federal to state … and state to county … and county to local is so important.
The private sector and nonprofits must provide for the needs of the people – not the government. Whether it be healthcare, environmental protections, or helping those in need – public services should come from the private sector.
This division of labor will prevent the abuses of power we are experiencing today.
Watch this video about the FBI’s abuse of their counterintelligence power (7 ½ minutes).
Also watch this shocking video about newly uncovered documents showing the State Department’s involvement in trying to influence the 2016 election … and to take down President Trump after he was elected (about 6 minutes).
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this weeks’ articles:
- Job Opportunities: Be an Active Part of Helping Turn America Around
- Compromising Election Integrity: Ballot Harvesting Influences Election Results More than Russian Interference. Did They Come to Your Door? [Video]
- Don’t Miss FreedomFest 2019: The Best Conference of the Year for Conservatives and Libertarians