It is sad and disturbing, but many ballots will not be counted in 2020.
Here is our action plan to make sure yours are.
1. Go to the poll personally if you are able. When you go to the poll you can vote in the traditional voting booth.
Or, as many are doing, you can hand them a signed and completely filled-out ballot
This is the preferrable strategy.
Most states have local voting polls. There are, also many states that offer voting drop-boxes.
This will better ensure you vote counts.
2. If you must mail in your ballot because of health reasons, fear, travel, etc. the key to having your vote counted will be to mail it early.
Give the post office 10 – 12 days, if possible. 7 days as a minimum.
3. Whether you hand your ballot to an election official or choose to mail it in, remember the following are essential.
The key reasons many ballots are rejected are:
- Signature. The signature you sign is not the same signature used when you first registered. If you don’t remember or often change your signature it is likely the vote will not count as it must match that at the voter registration.
- You must seal the ballot in the envelope provided. DO NOT use your own envelope.
4. What happens if you do not receive your ballot? Call the voter registration office.
5. Double-check with the voter registration office to ensure you are registered to vote.
Many states have the ability to track your vote.
6. Use our Voter Guide to vote for and not against your values. If our voter guide doesn’t cover a certain candidate, and you do not know where they stand on the issues, simply leave it blank and your remaining electives will count.
Our voter guide is broken into 3 categories:
CraigHuey.Com … Secular
ElectionForum.Org … Evangelical Christian
And, just for the judges, we have JudgeVoterGuide.Com
*Both, CraigHuey.Com and ElectionForum.Org also contain the JudgeVoterGuide information.
7. Finally, share this information with others. Please email it to your list. Use your social media.
Be a mobilizer and help transform our culture and politics before the election.
And purchase a copy of my latest book, The Christian Voter: 7 Non-Negotiables for Voting For, Not Against, Your Values.
What do you think? E-mail me at [email protected].