Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton does not like guns.
She counts her hostility toward the National Rifle Association as a plus.
She wants to gut and amend, if not outright repeal the Second Amendment.
The Democratic nominee has outlined six proposals she would pursue as President.
- Australian-style gun control.
After a horrendous gun massacre in 1996, the Australian government passed sweeping, strict control laws, which included:
a. Mass confiscation/forced trade-in for market value
b. Specific classifications for different firearms
c. Mandatory waiting periods and repeated training courses
- Allow crime victims to sue gun manufacturers. This is crazy. Would we sue a car manufacturer if a drunk driver killed a family that was walking along on a sidewalk?
- Allow crime victims to sue gun sellers. Again, why are we turning law-abiding businessmen into criminals or forcing them into liability when someone else committed the crimes with the firearms?
- Replace instant background checks with indefinite background checks. Criminals are afforded the right to a speedy and public trial in the United States Constitution. Why should any law-abiding citizen be forced to wait for an unspecified period of time to own a firearm?
- Outlaw private sales. This proposal would shut down gun shows and even individual transactions, even trades between family members. This is going too far! Most gun crimes occur with a stolen or illegal firearm.
- Use no-fly list bans to limit gun purchases. Interest groups left and right have denounced this gun control tactic. No one should be convicted of a crime unless proven guilty. No-fly lists provide no due process, and have unfairly targeted individuals who have committed no crime.
Hillary Clinton’s gun control agenda should frighten anyone who cares about individual liberty, self-defense, and even those who want to stop gun violence. Numerous studies have proven over and over: gun control has no effect on deterring gun crime.
What do you think? Email me at [email protected]