This Election 2018 Inyo County Voter Guide will help you cut through the rhetoric, election propaganda and biased media coverage of the campaigns. This guide ranks every aspect of a candidate’s record according to experience, integrity and commitment to community.
Here you’ll find recommendations for:
- Statewide Offices
- Propositions and More!
Scroll down for our recommendations.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Huey Report for updates on critical issues, trends and policies affecting our freedoms and are impacting our economy, legislation, culture and election results.
Do you live in another county? Go to the list of counties here.
Let’s get started.
Every candidate is considered after thorough research; we also have a questionnaire for candidates to complete.
Here is our rating system:
- : The best candidate. Our strongest endorsement.
- : Very good.
- : Acceptable.
- : Vote only to prevent worse candidate(s) from winning.
- : Terrible. Do Not Vote. All your other votes will count.
General Election Recommendations
November 6th, 2018
For full explanation of this endorsement, click here
For my article “The Most Corrupt Election in California History: The Little Known Hijacking of the California Governor’s Race to put Two Democrats on Top”, click here
- John Cox (R)
- Gavin Newsom (D)
- Ed Hernandez (D)
- Eleni Kounalakis (D)
Secretary of State
- Mark Meuser (R)
- Alex Padilla (D)
- Konstantinos Roditis (R)
- Betty Yee (D)
- Fiona Ma (D)
- Greg Conlon (R)
Attorney General; California
- Steven Bailey (R)
- Xavier Becerra (D)
- Ricardo Lara (D)
- Steve Poizner (I)
State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Tony Thurmond (D)
- Marshall Tuck (D)
Propositions (Coming Soon)
California Supreme Court
California Supreme Court (Yes/No)
- Carol Corrigan: 7 (JI: 7, Q: 8) Yes
- Leondra Kruger: 3 (JI: 3, Q: 3) No
California State Court of Appeal
Justice, California State Court of Appeal; Fourth District (Yes/No)
- Raymond Ikola: 7 (JI: 6, Q: 8) Yes
- Douglas Miller: 8 (JI: 8, Q: 8) Yes
- Jeffrey King: 5 (JI: 4, Q: 7) No
- Art McKinster: 8 (JI: 7, Q: 8) Yes
- Joan Irion: 6 (JI: 5, Q: 8) No
- Cynthia Aaron: 5 (JI: 2, Q: 9) No
- Judith Haller: 8 (JI: 7, Q: 8) Yes
- Richard Huffman: 9 (JI: 8, Q: 9) Yes
- Patricia Benke: 9 (JI: 9, Q: 8) Yes
- Marsha Slough: 3 (JI: 2, Q: 5) No
U.S. House of Representatives
U.S. Representative, 8th District
- Marge Doyle (D)
- Ronald O’Donnell (D)
- Rita Ramirez (D)
- Paul Cook (R) – Incumbent
- Tim Donnelly (R)
State Senator, 8th District
- Paulina Miranda (D)
- Andreas Borgeas (R)
State Assembly, 26th District
- Jose Sigala
- Devon Mathis
California Board of Equalization
California Board of Equalization, Member, District 1
- Tom Hallinan (D)
- Ted Gaines (R)