When I met with Donald Trump in New York – along with many major evangelical leaders – he made a promise.
His promise: the U.S. Embassy in Israel would be moved to where it should have been from the beginning – to Israel’s capital, Jerusalem.
Here are 8 things you need to know about the historic day … and about the explosive Israeli-Palestinian conflict:
- President Trump kept his promise … He did what every U.S. president since 1995 promised to do but never did: move our embassy to Jerusalem, Israel’s capital.
President Trump is the first sitting U.S. president to:
- visit the Western Wall in Jerusalem
- officially recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s rightful, legal capital
- Progressive politicians and the progressive U.S. media always side with the Palestinians and against the Israelis.
It’s been nonstop for the progressive media…
They’ve criticized Israel for building Jewish settlements in West Bank communities … calling their actions “a hindrance to the peace process.”
“What peace process are you talking about?” one might ask.
There’s no peace process in existence that can be hindered – at least not currently.
The Palestinians don’t want peace … their goal is to uproot the Jewish state…
Israel’s answer to that threat is to plant their roots a little deeper by building more settlements…
Palestinian and media hatred of Israel and President Trump escalated on Embassy opening day…
Instead of reporting on the embassy opening ceremony itself, the liberal media attacked the embassy move and focused on the Palestinian protests.
They distorted truth and reality by portraying the rioters – and those shot by Israeli soldiers – as innocent protestors…
They are not. They are aligned with Hamas … their goal is always to commit violence and provoke Israel to defend itself.
Meanwhile, the media only shows one side of the conflict … to make their anti-Trump rhetoric seem plausible.
Some media talking heads even mused that the U.S. would lose it’s standing as the primary broker of peace between the Israelis and the Palestinians.
Don’t believe their biased reporting.
- The Jerusalem Embassy opening ceremony occurred on the 70th anniversary of the founding of the modern state of Israel.
It was exactly 70 years ago – on May 14, 1948 – that soon-to-be Israeli Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion read the Israeli Declaration of Independence that he authored.
The reading occurred 8 hours before the expiration of the British Mandate – established by the League of Nations – to divide the area known as Palestine between the Jews and the Arabs.
- There is no moral equivalence between Israel and Palestinian groups.
The Palestinians use children as shields for their rocket launch sites.
They also send young men and women to blow themselves up in Jewish markets and on Jewish buses.
The Israelis don’t do such things…
Golda Meir – former Israeli Prime Minister – once said:
“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”
- Palestinian leaders use propaganda and lies to incite Palestinian youth to commit violence against Israelis.
The 3 parties most responsible for inciting Palestinian violence against Israelis are:
- The Islamic movement in Israel – a Muslim Brotherhood affiliate
- Hamas – the Muslim Brotherhood branch that rules Gaza
- Mahmoud Abbas – President of the Palestinian Authority
Two of the most prolific lies:
- The Israelis plan to destroy the al Aqsa mosque – Islam’s 3rd holiest site
- Israel intends to change the “religious status quo” on the Temple Mount
- The Israelis want to live with the Palestinians in peace and harmony within Israel … The Palestinians don’t want to live anywhere near Israelis.
In 1948, Israel’s founders urged the Arabs living in Palestine to remain in the new Jewish state…
Instead, Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Saudi Arabia declared war of Israel … and 650,000 to 750,000 Arabs living in Israeli territory fled to Jordan and Syria.
In 1967, Arab states again attacked Israel with the intention of destroying the Jewish state.
Things didn’t quite go as planned for the Arabs…
In 6 days the Israeli army defeated the Arab aggressors completely.
Israel took control of the following territory:
- East Jerusalem and the West Bank from Jordan
- The Sinai Peninsula from Egypt
- The Golan Heights from Syria
After the decisive victory, Israeli General Moshe Dayan issued a statement guaranteeing Muslims full freedom of worship on the Temple Mount …
He said, “We’ve not come to conquer the holy place of others but to live with others in harmony.”
To the Israelis, the notion that the Palestinians should be forcibly excluded from Israel’s pre-1967 borders is unthinkable…
On the other hand, the progressive media and politicians –and of course the Palestinians – would expect Jews to be expelled from any future Palestinian state.
Either they don’t see their hypocrisy … or they see it and don’t care.
- Israel grants more religious freedom to Muslims than to Jews.
After Israel took control of east Jerusalem in the 1967 6-day war, General Moshe Dayan met with Muslim religious leaders and turned the Temple Mount over to the Waqf – a Jordanian-based authority.
Muslims are free to worship on the Temple Mount … Israeli Jews may not pray there.
- Most Palestinians don’t want a Two-State Solution to their conflict with Israel.
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas continues to reject the idea of conducting peace talks with Israel…
Because most Palestinians want to expel all Jews from the region that was named “Palaestinia” by the Roman Emperor Hadrian in A.D. 135.
They have repeatedly stated they want to destroy the nation of Israel and drive the Israelis into the Mediterranean Sea.
Senior PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) official Ahmad Majdalani announced May 14th as a “Day of Rage” against the nation of Israel…
And Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar – speaking of the planned activities along the Gaza border with Israel – declared:
“We will take down the border and tear out their hearts from their bodies.”
This is why some of the “protestors” in Gaza were shot by Israeli soldiers on May 14th during the Jerusalem Embassy opening ceremony.
They illegally and violently crossed the border into Israel … inciting the soldiers to defend their nation’s border.
These violent Hamas terrorists are the people the progressive politicians and media support and defend.
What do you think? Write me at [email protected]