This Election 2019 Los Angeles County Voter Guide will help you cut through the rhetoric, election propaganda and biased media coverage of the campaigns. This guide ranks every aspect of a candidate’s record according to experience, integrity, and commitment to community.
Here you’ll find recommendations for:
- State Senator
Scroll down for our recommendations.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Huey Report for updates on critical issues, trends and policies affecting our freedoms and are impacting our economy, legislation, culture and election results.
Do you live in another county? Go to the list of counties here.
Let’s get started.
Every candidate is considered after thorough research; we also have a questionnaire for candidates to complete.
Here is our rating system:
- : The best candidate. Our strongest endorsement.
- : Very good.
- : Acceptable.
- : Vote only to prevent worse candidate(s) from winning.
- : Terrible. Do Not Vote. All your other votes will count.
Click here for new policy for write-in candidates.
Special Election Recommendations
June 4th, 2019
(View official election schedule here)
California State Senator
State Senator, 33rd District
- Lena Gonzalez (D)
- Jack M. Guerrero (R)
Local Jurisdiction Measures
- E – To maintain existing city services including public safety, youth/adult programs, fix streets/potholes, … – Recommendation: Vote NO
Huntington Park City
- C – Advisory Vote Only: Action to attract Costco to the city of Huntington Park measure – Recommendation: Vote YES
Manhattan Beach City
- A – Manhattan Beach’s Quality of Life Measure – Recommendation: Vote NO
Signal Hill City
- M – Recommendation: Vote YES
- N – Recommendation: Vote NO
West Hollywood City
- Y – Recommendation: Vote NO
- B – Recommendation: Vote NO