The Republicans just joined the Democrats in betraying you and your family.
Republicans in Congress had promised to stop the massive budget deficits destroying our economy … but they just ignored their promise.
It’s a betrayal on a grand scale of the American voters who placed their faith and trust in them when they sent them to Washington…
Here are 5 shocking realities about the awful habit Republicans have of capitulating and caving in to political peer pressure to increase deficit spending:
- Republican lawmakers have promised deficit reduction, spending cuts and entitlement reforms for years. Yet even when they’ve won full control of Congress and the White House, the cuts haven’t come.
Rand Paul described his own party leaders well in a recent speech on the Senate floor: Republicans are the conservative party only when Democrats are in power.
“When Republicans are in power, there is no conservative party,” he said.
- In 2011, Republicans were so concerned about the $15 trillion national debt that they demanded President Obama sign one of the largest spending cut bills in American history – the $2.1 trillion Budget Control Act – in exchange for voting to raise the debt limit.
The bill set annual spending caps for discretionary budget appropriations – spending caps which the latest budget deal will exceed by $300 billion over the next two years.
- Budget increases were limited to less than 6% annually under the Budget Control Act … This year they will increase by 13%.
- The current national debt exceeds $20 trillion and most Republicans in Congress seem as unconcerned as the Democrats…
They casually raised the debt limit both last year and this year … with no accompanying spending cuts at all.
Rand Paul again put it well when he said, “What you are seeing is recklessness being passed off as bipartisanship.”
- Perhaps the ultimate act of betrayal: Republicans passed legislation to repeal Obamacare when they knew President Obama would veto it … but rejected the same bill when President Trump endorsed it.
Republican lawmakers – with a few exceptions – are just as spineless as their more progressive counterparts … they all would rather kick the proverbial can down the road and force others to make the difficult but right decisions about fiscal responsibility.
If nothing changes, the Congressional Budget Office projects the national debt will increase from $20 trillion today to $92 trillion within 30 years – 150% of GDP.
- Higher interest rates
- Massive amounts of tax money paying interest on the national debt
- Less tax money available to pay for necessary services
- Economic decline … even collapse
History has shown that when a nation’s debt skyrockets, it leads to
- Civil unrest
- Loss of freedom
It’s time for a change.
What do you think? Write me at [email protected]