Corruption/conflict of interest
Does this sound right?
- The Department of Energy awards $4 million of your tax money to a new green energy company, LanzaTech.
- Days later, Jim Messina, head of Obama’s Organizing for Action, is appointed to the company board.
- Organizing for Action is pushing government subsidies of green energy companies as one of its top four issues.
- One of the top green energy company financiers is Vinod Khosla, a major Democratic donor of over $1 million.
- The company’s CEO served on a federal panel advising the Department of Energy on granting government subsidies—just like it received.
This is the type of self-interest corruption and conflict of interest that destroys confidence in government, and is just plain wrong.
Tell me what you think at [email protected].