Obamacare is one of the biggest examples of fraud in advertising.
Obama billed the legislation as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
The legislation has actually hurt patients.
It has not been affordable, either.
Obamacare must go.
Here are seven things that you need to know about Obamacare, its repeal, and its replacement.
- Repeal it quickly, not slowly. Any drag on removing this bloated bureaucratic mess will only hurt the economy more.
- The replacement efforts must be patient-centered, not government-driven.
The big problem with socialism is the bureaucracy protects, grows, and demands obedience for themselves.
Doctors have opted out of Obamacare, which has replaced their skill and discretion with rules and protocols.
A free market puts the patient at the center, and puts you and me at the center of our health care needs.
- Obamacare is a socialist plan that will lead to rationing, inferior care, disease, and death.
- Obamacare hurts everyone.
- Premiums are exploding, even for those on the Obamacare exchanges. It’s not cost effective at all.
- State-run healthcare co-ops are bankrupt
- There are fewer choices for doctors
- Fewer choices in plans
- Fewer choices in the variety of needs covered in plans
- There is no competition to help drive down prices, either.
- Insurance companies are already begging for bailouts from the federal government.
- It also violates freedom of conscience and religious liberty. Obamacare required nuns to pay for abortions, for example.
- Obamacare has killed jobs and economic prosperity:
- Hiring is down
- Job creation has been stifled
- Businesses are closing
- Many readers and their friends are confused and concerned about repeal.
Consider this example:
My wife and I were walking through the mall one day.
We stopped at one store to look for something for our flight to Washington DC. The lady in the store asked where I was going.
I told her I was going to the Trump inauguration (which took place last week).
She sounded very worried, and admitted to me: “Oh, I am very afraid of losing my health coverage under Obamacare.”
This is what I told her:
“Obamacare has been a failure. Obama promised that if we liked our health care, we could keep it. We couldn’t. He also promised that if we like our doctor, we could keep our doctor. That was a lie, too.
“For those of you on Obamacare subsidies, there are fewer doctors and healthcare clinics where you can go.”
Then I explained to her that there’s a better way to get health care:
“Free market alternatives are the best way to go:
- Health Savings Accounts
- Freedom to purchase health insurance across state lines
- More choices for health insurance plans, including plans which cover catastrophic illnesses, but consumers pay for routine needs.
- Removal of all employer and individual mandates.
- Freedom for people to form voluntary associations and pool risk in a health insurance program
- Tort reform to end frivolous lawsuits, which have driven up the cost of health care, and health insurance.”
What do you think? Still worried about repeal? How should Obamacare be replaced? Email me at [email protected].