It’s been called the worst scientific scandal of our generation…
It’s been called “climategate.”
And it’s been whitewashed by the compromised scientific establishment … and by the media and the socialist/progressive politicians who want a total government takeover of the energy industry and the economy.
Here are 7 things you should know about the so-called “settled science” of man-caused climate change:
1. The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report of 1990 found nothing unusual about current global temperature increases.
The report included a graph of global temperatures since about the year 1000.
The graph showed:
- A strong Medieval Warming Period from about 1000 to 1300
- A deep Little Ice Age from about 1400 to 1700
- A sporadic warming trend starting in the early 1900s
The 1900s saw a warming trend from 1910 to around 1950 … followed from a cooling trend in the 1960s and 1970s … followed be another warming trend beginning in the 1980s.
The Medieval Warming Period was caused by natural phenomena. There was no burning of fossil fuels or other man-induced release of carbon dioxide that could have caused the significant global warming of that era.
The current global warming is no greater than the warming of the 300-year medieval period.
2. The IPCC Report of 2001 introduced the “Hockey Stick” graph of global warming.
This graph became the “poster child” of the global warming alarmists…
It was featured in Al Gore’s movie, An Inconvenient Truth, in 2006…
It appeared over and over again in IPCC reports…
The alarming report stated without scientific proof, “The rate and duration of warming of the 20th century has been much greater than in any of the previous nine centuries… Similarly, it is likely that the 1990s have been the warmest decade and 1998 the warmest year of the millennium.”
3. The Hockey Stick graph has been proven to be scientifically fraudulent.
It was based on “proxy thermometers” such as tree rings … until the proxies didn’t work.
It deceptively hid the cooling period of the 1960s and 1970s.
The “climategate scandal” uncovered in 2009 also revealed:
- Past temperature changes were underestimated by a factor of 2 or more.
- There was deliberate cherry-picking of proxy data to support the hockey stick behavior.
- Some contrary data was entered upside down to contribute to the hockey stick theory.
- Fictional data was added to create the appearance of warming when the real data didn’t show any warming.
- Scientists promoting the hockey stick theory conspired to prevent criticisms of the theory from being published.
4. All climate change predictions are based on complicated computer models that require flawed human scientists to input their personal estimates of future greenhouse gas emissions, solar radiation levels and geologic events.
All scientists have personal biases. They all make estimates based on their world view … and based on their political and economic desires.
Their estimates affect the results of their computer-generated predictions.
We will discuss the complexity of the natural factors affecting climate in a future article.
5. A series of research papers has been recently published revealing that human activity accounts for no more than a 0.01 degree Celsius rise in global temperatures.
These research papers show that all human activity targeted by climate change alarmists – combustion engines, turbine-engine airplanes, diesel tractors – has virtually no measurable impact on the temperature of the planet.
These papers show that the IPCC analysis of climate change has at least one glaring error. It fails to account for the influence of low cloud cover on global temperatures.
We will cover this factor in more detail in a future article.
6. Carbon dioxide isn’t the “pollutant” that climate change alarmists claim it to be.
According to Finnish research scientists, the IPCC estimate of the effect of carbon dioxide on global temperature is about one order of magnitude too large – 10 times the actual amount.
NASA was recently forced to admit that carbon dioxide is actually re-greening the earth on a massive scale.
New global maps show massive increases in rainforests, trees and grasslands due to the atmospheric increase in carbon dioxide.
7. More than 500 scientists and professionals in climate and related fields are asking for a high-level open debate on climate change.
They have sent a “European Climate Declaration” to the Secretary-General of the UN.
“Climate science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific,” the declaration states.
It requests that scientists admit the uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions regarding global warming … and that politicians talk about costs and benefits of adapting to global warming versus attempting to reverse it.
The science of climatology and climate change is anything but “settled.”
What to do you think? Email me at [email protected]
Here are the rest of this week’s articles: