The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare, has failed on many fronts, despite President Obama’s pleading and the Mainstream Media’s fawning coverage.
Here are six brutal facts about Obamacare which the Government and the Media are not telling you:
- Far fewer than projected have signed up, despite the large number forced into the program.
- Premiums are rising. Obama and his liberal cronies lied. Insurance companies are submitting requests to raise premium rates up to 50%, including carriers in New Mexico, Tennessee, and Oregon.
- Central Planning has failed. A basic principle of Economics recognizes that the Free Market can better detect supply and demand. Government bureaucrats can only guess, and they are (often) wrong.
- The Medicaid crisis is expanding. Instead of cutting costs, more patients are heading toward emergency rooms, since doctors receive lower reimbursement rates and more hospitals close due to rising operational costs.
- The costs to taxpayers are skyrocketing. Private insurers charge an average of $1, 375 per new patient because of Obamacare regulations.
- Americans are losing the health care that they liked. Obamacare forced five million people off their health insurance plans.
Now for the good news: The US Senate and House finally passed a repeal of Obamacare, which President Barack Obama vetoed. Democratic Presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders support the President vetoes. The next President must support repeal of this law
What do you think? How has Obamacare affected you? Email me at[email protected]