Are Libertarians supporting President Trump instead of Libertarian Party candidates? Apparently so.
At FreedomFest 2019, over 2000 Libertarians gathered at the largest Libertarian conference in the United States.
Speakers included Senator Mike Lee, Congressman Adam Kokesh, Steve Moore, Herman Cain, Kevin O’Leary and over 200 other speakers.
In an unofficial poll taken by the Huey Report at the FreedomFest conference, 66% of attendees who voted picked President Donald Trump for president for 2020. The breakdown of the other 34% of poll participants was as follows:
- 20% voted for potential Libertarian presidential candidate Congressman Adam Kokesh.
- 7% voted for Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard.
- 7% voted for former Libertarian vice presidential candidate and now Republican presidential candidate Bill Weld.
The surprising results are probably based upon looking at the socialist alternatives of Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Tom Steyer and Joe Biden.
The poll also revealed a positive excitement about:
- Business deregulation
- Protection of religious and civil liberties
- Appointments to the Supreme Court of strict constructionists versus judicial activists
- Opposition to socialism
What do you think about the poll results? Email me at [email protected].
Here are the rest of this week’s articles: