Why are our taxes so high?
Bureaucracy is a good answer.
But the UC system shows that the bloated salaries of government employees make bureaucracy cost so much more.
In 2014, 28 UC employees earned more than $1 million each.
These employees included a basketball coach, football coach, and obstetrician, each of whom earned over $2 million.
Excluding the UC system, here are the some of the highest paid state employees:
- 4 Investment Officers all earning over $550,000 – the highest-paid earning $739,000
- A dentist, earning $628,000
- Two physicians, earning about $560,000 each
- CEO of the State Teachers’ Retirement system, earning $534,613
- CEO of the State Compensation Insurance Fund, earning $549,254
These taxpayer-funded salaries are a crime.
What do you think? Email me at crai[email protected].